I am finally back home. *whew* Had a good time at the event today. Lots of fun, lots of food, and a free concert with a pretty decent band singing 80’s, 90’s 00’s, and 10’s hits, like Foo Fighters’ “Walk” (my favorite song from the Wasting Light album), Phil Collins’ “In the Air Tonight,” and Creed’s “Take Me Higher.” It would’ve been awesome if they performed some Beatles hits; if they had played Yer Blues, Glass Onion, She Came In Through the Bathroom Window, or The Night Before, I would have lost my shit, as those are my favorite Beatles songs to which I rock out.
Oh, and I almost forgot!!
One of my blogger friends nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award! This is awesome to me, as I have only been doing this again for a few weeks! It’s nice to see things like this in the online community.
In accepting this award, there are five rules by which I must abide, so here we go!
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
The blogger who nominated me is Karen, pet parent to an absolutely ADORABLE schnauzer named Iggy, and proprietor of The Iggy Dialogues. Thank you so much, Karen!! ❤
2. List the rules and display the award.
Well, duh! 😆
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
- I am 5’2″.
- I was a percussionist in my high school band, and my favorite instrument to play was the xylophone.
- I am a child sexual abuse survivor.
- Growing up, I wanted to be one of Cliff Huxtable’s kids, especially after seeing the episode where the family sang Ray Charles’ “(Night Time Is) The Right Time” for Cliff’s parents’ anniversary.
- Cream soda is my favorite soda flavor.
- I share a birthday with W.E.B. Du Bois, Patricia Richardson, Peter Fonda, Niecy Nash, Peanut Tillman (GO BEARS!!), Aziz Ansari, Emily Blunt (whom I loved in The Devil Wears Prada), and Dakota Fanning.
- I have never travelled outside of the United States, but I want to go to London in the worst way!
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- HarsH ReaLiTy: A highly entertaining blog run by Jason Cushman. Featured themes are his adoption, his writing, and overall hilarity.
- The Iggy Dialogues: It is only fair that I also nominate Karen, as her blog is awesome.
- DadScribe: Carter Gaddis is awesome, and here’s why: 9 Things Han Solo Taught Me About Being a Dad.
- To be continued, as I haven’t visited a lot of blogs. When I find more who are VIB-worthy, they will be listed here. 🙂
5. Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. (Optional)
Already done. 😀
And now, I shall go nap. I want to sound bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for my phone interview on Sunday. 😉